Membership and Donating to HBIDA enables our mission to to identify dyslexia, promote the use of Structured Literacy and disseminate research based knowledge to parents, educators, professionals and students.
Parents, educators, students, professionals, concerned community members, businesses, and adults with dyslexia are welcome to join.
Join with Others to Make a Difference
As a member of the International Dyslexia Association (IDA), you’ll join forces with more than 13,000 others who want individuals with dyslexia to realize their fullest potential. The voice of our members is heard among educators, professionals, and policy makers in the United States and abroad. By joining the IDA, you strengthen the voice of people with dyslexia and enhance their ability to benefit from early intervention and effective teaching methods.
Benefits of Membership in HBIDA
- Discounts on IDA/HBIDA conferences, workshops, trainings and events
- Access to HBIDA newsletter filled with local and regional information, including special notices of timely information
- National e-newsletter on dyslexia and literacy-related events
- Annals of Dyslexia: electronic access to tri-annual peer-reviewed journal dedicated to the scientific study of dyslexia and related language disabilities
- Perspectives on Language and Literacy: electronic quarterly periodical containing articles authored by professionals discussing educational best practices, curriculum methods, case studies and application of multisensory structured language techniques
- Discounts on IDA publications and other items in the IDA online bookstore
- IDA Provider Directory: Search the National directory by state for an IDA Member professional in your area (when applicable)
- Affiliation with one of IDA’s local branches (over 45 locations in the U.S. and Canada)
Join Our Team!
We are actively seeking new board members and volunteers! Do you have expertise or experience in non-profits, marketing, accounting, technology, fundraising, grant writing, event planning, training or public relations? Or are you passionate about helping all children learn to read? Join our team to help us achieve our vision!
Donate to HBIDA
The Houston Branch of IDA always welcomes gifts to help support our programs. We appreciate you letting us decide what programs are in the most need. The International Dyslexia Association and the Houston Branch are 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations; your donations are tax deductible. With your generous support, HBIDA can continue to improve the lives of individuals with dyslexia as well as other related language-based learning differences.
You may make online donations or send your donation to:
Donate to Scholarships
Learn more about our needs based scholarships for diagnostic testing & educator continuing education. If you know a student who may qualify for diagnostic testing please share our application with their family.